Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Interview

So yesterday I had my first interview...although it was with a recruiting agency. I basically went over my resume and then had to take a few computer tests. I did a good job on the Microsoft word (I better have done a good job- I've only used it for years...), excel was a little rocky only because the computer didn't want my shortcuts it wanted basic steps on how to do certain things. Apparently I type on average 56 words per minute..thanks for making me take that typing class mom! The last test I took was supposedly a common sense test, although I think it was common sense for the people that live here because I didn't score too well on that. Anyways, yesterday going to my interview I had my first official public transportation experience by myself. It wasn't bad. I took the bus- a little expensive if you ask me... $3.20 each way (that is in Australian dollars mind you). A little fun fact for all of you out there- the Australian dollar, as of today, is worth .65 cents in U.S. dollars. So basically it is to my benefit. Anyways, I am headed off to the pool soon to go for a swim. It will be about 35 degrees Celsius, which is approximately mid 90's Fahrenheit. I will update you all with any job info that I get. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cabo

Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family

Australia

Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course

Australia

Australia
On my way over to Sydney

Australia

Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist

Australia

Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at

Australia

Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!

Australia

Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney

Australia

Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture