Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day

We woke up on Monday morning and decided to head down to the city of Newcastle where all of the events were being held. There was all types of activities going on, but the one that Jimmy was interested in was the 1 mile swim (I think it was one mile...although the say it in Kilometers here). Anyways, Jimmy decided to enter the race because he wanted practice for his upcoming triathlons. It was a pretty lazy day, but let's get serious...we were drinking all day on Saturday so we needed a day to relax. We rode down to town on our bikes and I watched Jimmy swim. I was proud so I took some pics...they aren't that good but I know which one he is... After the race we went home for a bit and came back for fireworks. It was fun. It was like 4th of July back home. Ps- I do have a picture of Jimmy "hammocked up" (for those of you who don't know what that is...it means he was wearing a speedo in the race). Although I have a picture of him...he would kill me if I posted it on here. I still can't take him seriously when he wears it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cabo

Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family

Australia

Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course

Australia

Australia
On my way over to Sydney

Australia

Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist

Australia

Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at

Australia

Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!

Australia

Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney

Australia

Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture