Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Tears in the eyes
On Friday morning Jimmy and I both get up to go for a run before work. The difference is he goes for a long run and I go for less than half of his run (we usually meet at the end). Last Friday was different though...I decided since I had the day off because of the public holiday I was going to go with him because I could have easily made an excuse not to go. Anyways, the alarm went off at 5:45 a.m. and we both got dressed and headed outside. He looks at me and says, "It is sprinkling a bit." A perfect excuse not to go...but we went anyways. We starting running, not being able to see anything but just ahead of you because it was pitch black outside. As we are on our run I start thinking to myself, who in their right mind goes for a run at stupid o'clock in the morning? Jimmy does...and now me! Idiots. That's besides the fact. We get to about half way through and start running up this hill, still half way asleep I'm not picking up my feet very well as I'm running. Knowing that the sidewalks here aren't always level, I should have known. Now you all know what to expect next right? Jimmy is in front, me following, and all of a sudden I catch my foot on the sidewalk and my body is literally thrown forward like I'm sliding into home base (mind you..on concrete). I sit up from laying face down on the ground and start crying automatically. Jimmy turns around and comes to assist my clumsy butt and asks if I'm alright. I stand up fast and say, "Let's just keep running." He's like, ok. We keep going for another 4 1/2 Kilometers or so and then we get home. The good thing about this fall is that through this (in American terms)4 1/2 + mile run (props to me!), I wasn't thinking about whether my knees were hurting or not because my entire left side of my body was stinging. I was able to see the damage after we got back....open skin on the hand, strawberry on the arm, scrape on the hip, and scrape on the knee. I did a good job. I took some pics so you can see how clumsy I really am...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family
Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course
Australia
On my way over to Sydney
Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist
Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at
Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!
Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney
Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture
Well at least it wasn't your face like your other almost brother Chris.
ReplyDeletesorry because those strawberry's really hurt for a while
Good God Merd! You need to get some bactorban or something so it doesn't scar
ReplyDeleteMerd... what happened? You've always been so graceful! I'm glad to see you are ok and I'm proud of you for the running! I have to start fighting through the excuses now!
ReplyDelete