Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

Last Wednesday was Jimmy's 28th Birthday. I made sure when he came home the night before I had all of his presents wrapped so that he would want to open them right away. But you know how it is in my family, you always wait until your birthday. At 6 a.m. we woke up and he turned on the light and sent me to fetch his gifts for him. I laughed because it was like watching a little kid in a candy store. I ended up buying him a baseball hat that I know he wanted, a singlet for riding, and some riding shorts. I finished making the cake that afternoon when I got home from work and let me tell you it is definitely better than it looks if that is even possible! I took him to dinner at a local Japanese restaurant but we made sure to save room for that delicious chocolate cake. It was a good day and I'm glad that I got to spend his birthday with him. Oh!!! First thing...the cake had to be put on a baking tray because the mud cake called for chocolate to be poured all over the top of it. Secondly, I might look a little buzzed in this picture but Jimmy didn't like the Sake at the restaurant so I felt like I needed to "man up" and drink it myself. Woops. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes you look like you were having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Cabo

Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family

Australia

Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course

Australia

Australia
On my way over to Sydney

Australia

Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist

Australia

Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at

Australia

Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!

Australia

Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney

Australia

Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture