Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Girls day out

Jimmy had a conference to go to on Saturday and Sunday, so he dropped me off at my friends house in the morning and we went shopping. Megs and I went and had some breakfast and coffee and then off to the train station to catch it into the city. We shopped around all day long and she showed me a great deal of Sydney. It was nice because when I came with Jimmy to do all of that tourist stuff, we were sort of rushed in that I had to leave the next day. So we started shopping and I was doing good until once we both stepped into that shoe store. From then on it was all over! We ended up buying the same pair of shoes just in a different color. Since we bought shoes, there was a deal that you could get 20% off of any handbag in the store. We took advantage of that deal. We continued on our way and made our way to a department store where Steve Madden shoes were available. Again, another deal. Buy two and save. So, Megs bought a pair and I did so we could get the deal. We then made our way down Macquarie Street and down to the Opera Bar. Overlooking the Harbor Bridge and having some afternoon drinks was great. After that we went and had some sushi and then headed back to the house to get ready for dinner. That night us girls, Jimmy and a few friends went to a Mexican restaurant and went out after for some drinks at a local pub. It was a really fun day. I finally felt like I had a friend out here and it felt somewhat like home. I did do some damage though...

1 comment:

Cabo

Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family

Australia

Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course

Australia

Australia
On my way over to Sydney

Australia

Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist

Australia

Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at

Australia

Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!

Australia

Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney

Australia

Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture