Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Bondi Beach
Jimmy suggested over the weekend that I come with him to Bondi for the day on Sunday and walk around the shops and such while he is in his conference. I did just that. He asked me as we were getting out of the car if I needed any shopping money. I almost had a heart attack when I heard that. I was great and all, but I declined. He after all is providing everything for me at the moment and letting me stay at his house. I think that I can pay for my own clothes. Anyways, I really wasn't planning on buying anything, but I failed. I went to breakfast by myself...which I'll be honest...didn't like doing but you gotta eat sometime. After breakfast, the first store that I walk in has a buy one get one free deal on everything in the store. I did actually try to find Jimmy a pair of shorts (32 now instead of 34...damn triathlons), but there wasn't anything good in that size. So, I ended up buying two pairs of shorts. Very cute.
After that I shopped around a bit more but had a lot of time to kill. I ended up going to a bathing suit store where I got a suit for $30!
Now I just needed a towel and sunscreen. When I was all set I made my way on the beach and while I was looking for a spot I look over to the right and all I see is BOOBS. I had to triple take, but sure enough this girl was completely topless. She was acting like it was so normal. I texted Jimmy and asked him what the deal was and he told me that is normal at Bondi Beach. It apparently is the beach to be seen at. The entire time I was at the beach I didn't hear one Australian accent which was weird to me. When I left I saw two more girls with their boyfriends and the guys were helping the girls take off their tops! I know what you are thinking and no I didn't join in and go topless. How awkward! It was a different world that's for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family
Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course
Australia
On my way over to Sydney
Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist
Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at
Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!
Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney
Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture
cute clothes Highness. I'm glad that you kept your top on!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your mom
ReplyDeleteI can't wait til you're here so we can watch She's the man!!
ReplyDelete