Sunday, February 15, 2009
What was I thinking?
I got home from work last week and went to go and get the mail. There was a card in there stating that there was a delivery attempt made for a package addressed to Jimmy and we could pick it up at the local post just a few blocks away. Trying to be helpful, I walked down to get the package. Now, just so you all know...Jimmy ordered a couple of things online. I obviously forgot about him ordering the 16 bottles of wine. Once I got to the post office, the lady looks at me and proceeds to ask if I have a car. I say no and her face is basically in shock. She then started talking about how heavy the box is so I pick it up to see...it was heavy but I was only holding it for a few seconds. I decided to sign for the package and take it home. It was going well until about 20 steps out of the post office where I was regretting my decision. I had to stop a few times along the way. Alright, more than a few...more like 10-15 because my arms were so tired! I finally made it home...sweating bullets mind you. Just to give you a picture of what 16 bottles of wine looks like here are a few pictures...
Oh did I mention that the box started to break on the bottom after those 20 or so steps? I had to tell Jimmy what happened and he told me that I make him laugh. When he got home and actually saw the wine and the box that I carried he said the visual was better and he laughed again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family
Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course
Australia
On my way over to Sydney
Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist
Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at
Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!
Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney
Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture
That's hilarious... but you are buff. No question about it.
ReplyDeleteLOL that is so you merd! I can just picture you wiping the sweat off your top lip!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Highness, or shall I say Buffy. You get this from me and Dad. We both think that we can do things we shouldn't. We are proud that you made it home. Love Mom
ReplyDelete