Monday, July 20, 2009
Northern Beaches of Sydney
Saturday after Jimmy's baseball game we headed down to Sydney. One of Jimmy's mate's was having a 30th birthday party at a local pub. And yes I said mate.. Im picking up their lingo and I like it :) We first saw blacksmith's beach which was on our way to Sydney and it was really nice and we had lunch there. We stayed at Jimmy's parents house and had a nice dinner and then went to the birthday party. We woke up Sunday morning and got ready for a long day of touring the beaches.. tough life I know! We went to Palm Beach first which has a Lighthouse that sits on top of a mountain and has a trail leading up to it. We hiked up to the Lighthouse and wow was it a journey! I had no idea what I was in for. 350 feet up this mountain with a steep pathway almost the entire time. I thought I was going to die, but once I got to the top I was glad I did it and the view was spectacular. As you all know I am not the outdoorsy type of girl but I think I did pretty well, Merd is my proof! We continued to see a few more beaches and I of course took a lot of photos. One really cool thing is they have pools at a lot of their beaches that is actually filled with ocean water. This one we saw has two sides one more for kids and is pretty shallow and another side that is more deep. I thought it was a great idea and how nice would that be to have one at home. Take a look..
The beach pool
Another shot of the pool
We actually walked on these rocks
Stairs leading to the Lighthouse
Halfway to the Lighthouse
View from the Top 350ft high
Just to show you how high up this is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family
Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course
Australia
On my way over to Sydney
Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist
Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at
Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!
Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney
Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture
No comments:
Post a Comment