Thursday, April 30, 2009
26...feeling a little old
I experienced my first Australian birthday! Since I was away from home, Jimmy tried to make my day really special. The night before he made me a cake...
He also gave me my first card. We were brushing teeth and changing into pj's and there was a card set out for me. I didn't open it right away because I never open anything until my actual birthday but he insisted that I open it. I soon found out that it wasn't a birthday card. Basically he got me a card because I haven't received any in the mail and was a little upset.
The next morning, he brought me up a cupcake with a candle and some strawberries and sang happy birthday. I mentioned that my dad used to leave something in my room on my birthday so he filled in. I then got up and opened some presents...
Jimmy got me some Ugg boots and a gift certificate to get pampered at a spa for 3 hours! Jimmy's family got me some drinking chocolate with a cute little mug to go along with it, and the beautiful coach purse and wallet is from my mom and dad.
Jimmy then had a great idea to do cake early for morning tea so I could see my parents over skype and they could sing with Jimmy. The cake was delicious!
Later on that night we met some friends for dinner at a place called Mama Mex. It was a Mexican and Italian food place...weird combination but the food was great!
We then went home and had some more cake! Overall it was a great birthday and it's all thanks to my guy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cabo
In Mexico with my 2nd family
Australia
Koala's might quite possibly be my favorite animal now...besides dogs and cats of course
Australia
On my way over to Sydney
Australia
Opera House...that's me standing by myself like a regular tourist
Australia
One of the many beaches that we stopped at
Australia
Gorgeous view right? That's exactly what I was thinking!
Australia
Last crazy night in Sydney
Australia
Me and Megs...Rod always has to ruin the picture
Well missy, that just sounds like a great birthday despite being away from home. I thought about you yesterday and almost texted but then remembered that you don't have the same number anymore. I hope it was a happy day! xoxo.
ReplyDeleteps. that cake looks delectable!